Thursday, August 4, 2011

BEDA 4: Crappy day.

I'm having a crappy day. My Internet has been down for over 24 hours, which is frustrating in itself, but I have been gone so long and have so much I need to do online that battling with finding wifi is just really not something I wanted to spend my time doing this week.

On top of that, I got a tax adjustment form from the IRS the other day and apparently I owe the government over $1000 from my 2009 form. This is terrible news, as I'm sure is obvious. I just got off the phone with a very apathetic man who basically told me there is nothing I can do, so I guess this is goodbye, money.

There is all sorts of fun VidCon stuff I want to write about but today I am just grumpy, feeling cheated by the government, and wishing I could actually reply to the 50+ emails waiting in my inbox on a real computer.

In non-Internet related news, I went grocery shopping last night and they had those amazing pillsbury grands biscuits on sale for .99 cents. So, continuing the theme of blogging about biscuits this month, I made them for breakfast today and they were amazing. So I suppose my day hasn't been all bad.

Last night I went to Project Night as I normally do on Wednesdays, and it was the most productive Project Night I have ever participated in, as I spent the entire time utilizing the fact that I had a working Internet connection and fit as much work in as I possibly could. As well as getting in multiple twitter battles with other people at Project Night on whether the couch or the dining room table was a better place to sit.

Well, save for this short break to climb inside a large box:


I was going to head out around 11, but then one of my friends wanted to beta test his new card game on us, so I ended up staying fairly late. The card game was based on Monopoly, which was kind of interesting (but still frustrating and slow, as is the case with real Monopoly). I ended up with all the purple properties, one railroad and a light blue property, which was pretty crappy in terms of wanting to have a real chance at winning. It was fun being a game tester in general though, even though I wasn't the hugest fan of the particular one we were playing last night.

Anyway, I'll return to happy fun VidCon Kristina tomorrow. For now, I am choosing to remain as annoyed, money-owing WhineTown Kristina.

Flights taken: 17

10 comments:

Manar said...

AWW. I am sorry that you had such a bad day! BUT HEY (according to your Twitter) AT LEAST YOU GOT TO SHOOT A FUN PONY VIDEO!

Also, biscuits are good.

I hope your internet problem is fixed soon. Because, you know, teh interwebz is awesome.

Love you<3

P.S.: I'm sure you still have some unopened packages/letters that will cheer you up! :D

Katherine said...

Did you play Monopoly Deal!??? haha, if it was, it's a little bit of a learning curve but once everyone knows how to play the game gets epic! or everyone just starts yelling at everyone else, either way. I spent a summer a few years ago playing. ah, memories.

if it wasn't please. feel free to ignore this.

Crystal said...

$1000?! That's ridiculous! And they probably expect you to pay it all right away, to which I say, what 23 year old just HAS that much money to give away? Seriously. -.-

Hopefully your wi-fi will be working soon, so that's one less thing you have to worry about. Hang in there, Kristina. :)

badbob001 said...

I suspect you will soon start a new channel on youtube devoted to unboxing and (ta-da!) boxing videos.

Yeah, taxes stink. I usually miss something when I did it myself. Don't you have any accountant-type friends?

Since you travel so much, you should look into enabling tethering with your phone. This is so you can connect your laptop to your phone over usb and use your phone's internet plan. Sprint requires an additional plan option for this but not if you 'root' your phone (see cyanogenmod). Tethering is such a godsend when my neighborhood has blackouts or I can't find wifi.

Summer said...

I was also coming here to comment that I LOVE Monopoly Deal, but it seems Katherine beat me to it. Not sure if that was what you were playing, but if so, it can actually go really quickly once everyone knows how to play. Fun!

rosie said...

We all have those days where tiredness and exhaustion overcome us and then the internet fails and we can't even entertain over selves by sitting in bed and we have to get up and do something. Hang in there and when ever you feel like you are about to explode just remember lunas words of wisdom

http://favim.com/image/44128/

Unknown said...

That's definitely bad news. I don't blame you for being in bad mood. I hope you feel better!

Brandon said...

Sorry you had such a crappy day. I've had to deal with those apathetic government people too; just when you think you've hit bottom, they are all too happy to throw you a shovel. I do appreciate you giving us an insight into the full picture of you, even when it's not the best of times. Keep your chin up!

newsyearsgoals said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Justine said...

I recommend turbotax for doing your taxes; it's pretty easy to just punch in the numbers and they do all the work for you. Since you don't own a house or likely have fancy investments, they're really the best for this sort of DIY. And it's like $30 or so...

This doesn't help you out now, I know : ( David messed up his British tax return and we just had to come up with $2500 over 3 months to pay for it...