Wednesday, August 17, 2011

BEDA 17: Cider with Black?

Yeah, blogging every day is proving to be more difficult than I thought while I'm here in London. There is so much to do and so little time to do it all. I'm currently at Alex and Charlie's flat and this post is being typed up between takes of a video Alex and I are trying valiantly to record. It involves playing music, so it's hard. Alex is taking a break right now to drink some tea, because he's British.

Yesterday Rosi and Lex picked me up at Heathrow Airport and we went right to Nando's for lunch. I had really forgotten how much I love some of the restaurants in London, and Rosi knew it had been much too long since I'd gotten to enjoy Nando's. After lunch we met up with Jazza in Trafalgar Square, where I had to stop for a moment and close my eyes in an attempt to imagine the place being swarmed by Potter fans as J.K. Rowling and the actors from the films waltzed in for the Deathly Hallows part two premiere. Then Jazza found out I had never sat on one of the big lions, so we rectified that immediately. That will be in a video.

We walked and chatted for awhile before Lex insisted we go to M&M World. After wandering for bit, we deduced that the whole store only carried about ten different items but some reason they had found a way to spread those items out amongst four whole floors. Also, it was about 3 and 1/2 rooms of M&M dispensers and only half a room of actual M&Ms. So, that was M&M World.

Before heading out of central London, Jazza wanted to get a drink - so we headed off to a standard pub, which felt incredibly reminiscent of my study abroad days. I ordered my favorite - a cider with blackcurrant in it (I still can never remember how to say it all cool like a local... I think it was "cider with black"? I have no idea, I'm probably wrong) and reveled in the remembrance that I could get all the things I loved about London that aren't sold in America -- like Millionaire's Shortbread and Strawberry Ribena and Indian food that doesn't suck. I wish I was going to be here longer. 2 and a half days is such a tease.

Well, I have lots more London adventures to be had and a video to film, so that's all for today.

Flights taken: 18

11 comments:

TheMusicLiesWithin said...

The UK is amazing. i hope you have a great time in the UK and i am looking forward to seeing these video's. it would be great if you could look at my blog which is inspired by you... i only started today so there is not much on there. themusiclieswithin.blogspot.com Thanks :P

Anna said...

I love that you're back to doing things with Alex. I know you guys have been back to being friends for a while but you haven't really done anything together (videos, music) in ages and it's exciting to have something to look forward to. Durmstrang Boy is still one of my favorites of all of your songs, across both Parselmouths and ALL CAPS.

ladyinlondon said...

Cider and black - good girl!!

I should have made millionaire shortbread - dammit!!

Anonymous said...

It's called 'cider and black' :)
I can't believe you don't have Millionaire's Shortbread in the US, it's amazing!

Manar said...

I have spent exactly 6 hours seeing the city of London (I was there for 8 or 9 hours during a layover). In that time I didn't get to do a WHOLE lot, but it was still really fun. It's good to know that you're having such a wonderful time. :)

SophiePi said...

In Scotland cider with blackcurrant is called snakebite

Anna said...

That sounds so cool. You got to go to a resteurant which you love. It had to be great time especially that you don't have much free time lately. :)
Anyway I hope you have fun.

Alex Dahlberry said...

:)

Danielle said...

Okay. Officially jealous. I've always wanted to go to London! Only a year or two more until I get to go there to study abroad! At least I hope! :)

Unknown said...

Cider and blackcurrant is usually my drink of choice. (:

Chloe said...

I just call it cider black! Most bar tenders know what your on about. I take it you must of had a snakebite black before right? Beer, Cider and Blackcurrant. Now that is a student drink!

so.. hello by the way I only just stumbled across your youtube page and now I am reading your lovely blog... Lovely!