I am currently trying to force myself to work on my final paper for my Journalism & Lit class on Hemingway's "The Sun Also Rises", but this is proving to be much more difficult to accomplish than I thought it would be. Not only is it due tomorrow morning at 9 am, but I just can't bring myself to buckle down and focus tonight. Why do I always leave stuff until the last minute? This is my 16th year of school now, you'd think I'd have learned. But no.
I already turned down going to see a free pre-screening of Hot Tub Time Machine with a bunch of my friends tonight to work on this stupid paper; if I don't get it done now, I will be highly disappointed.
So. Instead of being grumpy over school work, I've decided to reframe my life, blog about some things that make me happy, and then try to dive back into the paper once I've cheered myself up a bit. So. Things I have to be excited about:
1. Tomorrow night's midnight showing of Alice in Wonderland. I can't wait. Going to see it with my roommates and it should be a really good time.
2. Dentist appointment out of the way. It had been a little while since I'd gone, so they literally tortured me today. But now my teeth are all clean and healthy, AND I didn't have any cavities!
3. Only 1 1/2 weeks of school left before Spring break. Which ultimately means a ton of work to do, but then I'll have that sweet, sweet week and a half off from school.
4. My friend Mallory, who is lovely, is getting married next month! She sent me the most adorable invitation and I can't wait to go to the wedding.
5. The new ALL CAPS album comes out in 25 days.
6. Eia and I found out that it's "ladies night" on Wednesdays at our favorite pub, and the prices are so low that we'll get drunk just trying to spend enough to close our tab. And it's only a $10 minimum. Not that I'm endorsing getting getting drunk on school nights, but come ON. Drinks are usually like $6 a go.
7. I own 4 boxes of Samoas girl scout cookies.
Maybe this is a little excessive, but I don't care. I love Samoas. I'll support the girlscouts. And I'll have cookies for days. Or... you know, until I eat them all, probably all during this month. They're just so good. So good.
So I didn't get to see a movie about guys teleporting in a hot tub. So I have 4.5 pages to go on my 5 page paper. I don't have any CAVITIES. I am probably going to get lots of cavities from all these girlscout cookies.
Whatever, man. Life is good.
Chipotle burritos: 6
wash your ass every day
2 days ago