Friday, February 25, 2011

LA FUNTIMES

I have had so much going on in the past week.

One of those weeks where I really should have been blogging the whole time, but instead I will now try desperately to catch up and recap the fun times.

So last Thursday Kayley and I flew down to LA, meeting up with Eia who had taken an earlier flight. Then Luke picked us up and drove us to Echobase to drop off our things, and we immediately got back in the car to drive back to the Station. Eia and Kayley ran off to do some shopping in the area and walk over to Venice Beach, but Luke and I stayed to help our friends Britt and Joey with their new video. Luke had to be covered in hair and I made cameos in a lot of little scenes, including my favorite one where I play a "cool kid" and push Britt's face into a locker. xD

That night we just hung out with Alex, Jason, John and Bre back at the house, and in the morning it was off to Gallifrey One. Alex drove us over to the hotel where we met up with our other friend Robyn. We had SUCH a blast at Gallifrey. It was so different and yet so similar to a Harry Potter con, and half the thrill was comparing the differences. I adored the fact that I was actually really excited about programming, because the speakers on the panels were actually writers from TV shows that I adore. I sat in on 2-3 panels Jane Espenson spoke at, which was just too great. She wrote so much of Buffy! And helped with Firefly!

There were a lot of cosplayers, which was awesome, and the vendor room was fun to poke around in (I bought a POISON ring. Like a regular ring, but with a secret compartment to store poison in. Haha. You know, in case I ever find myself in an old Victorian novel or something) and we even found a suite party one night, which really felt like a Harry Potter con (minus the fact that the people at the party were all 5-10 years older than the general demographic at an HP con). Other friends of ours kept flitting in and out of the con, so we got to spend some time with Jimmy, Freddie and Luke, though I don't think they were ever all there at the same time.

Sunday we had Luke come pick us up, and we said our goodbyes to Kayley, who was spending the remainder of her trip with her friend Marion. I don't actually remember what we did the rest of Sunday. I'm sure it was fun, though.

Monday Alex planned this awesome meetup down at Venice Beach to shoot a music video parody that he and I have been talking about. I was so happy, around 20 or so fans showed up despite the incredible last-minute-ness of the meetup. We spent a good 2 hours or so dancing and waving our arms in the air to a Harry Potter remake of Ke$ha's "We R Who We R". Seriously, all the people who showed up were so awesome for doing that.

Alex showed us this delicious Italian pasta place afterwards, and then we headed back to Echobase, where we played some video games and hung out with Britt and Joey and eventually found ourselves at iHop much later in the evening.

Tuesday was Disneyland Day, and it was one of my favorite Disneyland trips yet. We had such a large group, maybe the biggest we've ever had. We had Me, Alex, Jason, Luke, John, Bre, Eia, Robyn, Joey, Meghan, Freddie, Jimmy, and Tessa (meekakitty). We hit up all the regular rides, played around in the animation studio (which, for as many times as I have been to DL, I had never experienced before) ate some delicious dole whips, managed to get on Indiana Jones right when the cars decided to stop for awhile (and of course I happened to be sitting at the wheel) and lamented the breaking-down of Space Mountain. I still have my commemorative unused fast pass. Sadddddest. I love Disneyland, and I love going with my LA friends, and it was nice to have Eia there with us for a change. :)

Wednesday Luke had to fly off to Texas to see his friend, so I spent the whole day filming some videos with Alex, Sarah and Jason. I'm pretty excited about both the ones we shot, so there's gonna be some good stuff coming to YouTube soon. Tyler Nicholas also came over and spent the day with us, moooostly playing Fruit Ninja on my iPad with Eia, but also managed to make his way into Sarah's video, so that was fun. We took Eia to the airport that evening, and spent the rest of the night playing more video games and eating pizza.

Thursday I didn't really have any plans, so Jimmy came over to Echobase to hang out with me. He took me to this restaurant called Pann's that was pretty good but they forgot to bring us our milkshakes until we were almost done with our food. You can't do that!! Then Jason was supposed to be filming a video with Meghan, but that never happened, so he spent the afternoon with Jimmy and I. Then... well, this seems to be happening a lot lately. Jimmy was supposed to be taking me to the airport at 5, but about 10 minutes before that, I got a text from Kayley canceling our trip to Victoria this weekend. The gears started working in my head and I realized I didn't actually need to be home now for a few more days, AND Jason and I never got around to filming this music video we'd really wanted to shoot.

So, with literally 5 minutes to spare, I booked a new one-way ticket home on Saturday, extending my trip two more days. I love living the kind of life where I can do this. Although it took a little coaxing on Jason and Jimmy's part, including Jimmy buying me a My Little Pony t-shirt as bribery. But heeeeell yeah, now I get two more days in LA, I don't have to go home to the alleged Seattle Snowstorm that's currently happening, AND I am one My Little Pony t-shirt richer.

I utilized my first extra night to film about 2/3 of Jason's music video with him, got to visit Casa de Pro and experience their jacuzzi (and we filmed some of the video IN the hottub!) and spent the rest of the evening hanging out with Jason, Jimmy and Meghan. Now I am hanging out on my laptop in Luke's room (I've taken it over while he's in Texas) and waiting to find out what everyone wants to do today! Life is good. Except that it's raining in LA today. But at least it's better than snow.


I have a ton of exciting stuff happening in the next few weeks, so I will try to be better about keeping updated with all of it. :)

Flights taken: 1
Levels on WoW:
Mage: 56
Shaman: 34

9 comments:

said...

Lulz it never REALLY snowed here. It's actually sunny and gorgeous. Cold as hell, but still sunnnnnny. See you on Monday :D xxx

Anna said...

I remember you tweeting about booking travel only for the person you're visiting to book travel at the same time to see someone else. Was that referring to Luke going to Texas?
It's sad you two didn't get to spend your whole time there together but it sounds like you had a blast anyway. +1 vote for Kristina moving to L.A.!

Amy said...

Sounds like you are having a great time! I've spent this week dealing with sick children so I am very envious of your fun trip! I love my life- but a child free trip to Disneyland sounds like so much fun! :)

Kara said...

This all sounds like so much fun! I'm rather jealous. Especially because I live just north of Victoria, and we have snow (I guess it's good you didn't end up coming), which is fine except it's way too cold. I'm going to Disney World in two weeks, though, so I can't really complain.

I can't wait to see all the videos you're making! I'm already dancing to the thought of a wrocking Ke$ha remake. :)

Julie said...

I hope you will link to or annotate all those appearances in other videos in an upcoming video of yours. Looking forward to seeing it all ^.^

kaleidoscopicepic said...

Seconding Kayley on the snow thing. I came back on Friday from a much snowier place... it was sort of strange to have snow at home but really there's very little, and it's supposed to warm up now. Sounds like you had an awesome time in LA! :)

Two Wits said...

Glad you had such an awesome time; the meetup on Monday was AMAZING! I'm so glad my friend and I decided to drive in from Vegas to be apart of it. Can't wait for the next blog. Until then, have an awesome time doing more amazing things we can all be jealous of. =)

Elisabeth said...

I am jealous of your poison ring. Sounds like a Slytherin kind of thing to own!

Cycled from the U district to the northern end of Lake Washington today, and it was FREAKING FREEZING. Needed to stop and buy a second pair of gloves along the way! It was lightly snowing for about half of the ride. But really, you're not missing much. None of the snow is sticking :(

Manar said...

Sounds like an insanely fun time! :D