Tuesday, April 3, 2012

BEDA 2: Thoughts on leaving Mammoth Caves.

Alright I can't promise this is going to last all month, but here I am already, back for BEDA post #2. It's funny - I'm so incredibly busy right now (Job Hunters comes out TOMORROW guys) that the idea of writing a blog post amidst all the crazy actually sounds kind of... calming. It sounds nice. So BEDA has come at a good time of year for me, as a way to clear my head and document all the awesome stuff happening.

Yesterday I talked about Emerald City Comic Con... today let's talk about moving. And how I am doing it.

For those of you following along at home, my current house is called "Mammoth Caves" and I've lived here for almost four years. I moved here in 2008 when I was a junior in college, because it's walking distance to my college. Eia lived with me here for 2 years before moving out and leaving me her super huge bedroom. This is where I met Justin (who in turn kind of introduced me to almost everyone I hang out with now), and where we've cycled through so many amazing (and not so amazing) other roommates.

The time has come though, to leave it behind and try something new. I can get weirdly emotional and attached to inanimate things, and the houses I've lived in definitely fall into that category. It took me a long time to really feel like it was time to move on, but once I started feeling those inclinations rising up in me, it sort of became an obsession. I started checking housing rental sites every single day, I went to about 6-7 viewings of potential houses, but nothing felt right.

Until a few weeks ago. I just happened to find this house, in almost the perfect location, but that's not even the best part. The best part is that it's one of those super modern cube houses.

Now, whatever you're picturing when I say "super modern cube house"; take that image and make it even cube-ier. Seriously. And that's my new house.

We're moving at the end of this month (which will be another awesome thing to document and yet another reason I'm glad BEDA is happening right now) so the next few weeks are not only fraught with Job Hunters excitement, but will also include insane amounts of packing and the transition to the next stage of my life. Moving into "House 2: Hypercube". :D

Anyway, being that it's the morning before the official launch of my web series and we're about three weeks out from moving to a completely new house, I'm filled with all this nervous/excited energy and it's nice to have a place to focus it. As soon as I finish this entry I have to go get work done that I know I wont touch at all tomorrow in the hustle and bustle of releasing the show, so it makes me a little sad to end this post. But I have to, so, I'll see you tomorrow!

6 comments:

Madhatter360 said...

I'm just picturing whoever moves into Mammoth Caves next. "Why is there glitter everywhere?"

Izzy Hilliard said...

I am so, so excited for tomorrow!!

AmyK7 said...

This month sounds pretty amazing for you, then! I'm very excited for you moving into "House 2: Hypercube". Brilliant name xD. From what you've said about the house it already seems really, really cool. And speaking of exciting things; I cannot wait for Job Hunters tomorrow! I'm really looking forward to finally getting to see it, I'm sure it'll be great. I'm so glad you are doing BEDA anyway, if there was just one time that needed to be documented this year, this month would definitely be it for you. :D

Sarah said...

I don't think your new house could possibly be cube-ier than I imagined.... And now I've somehow taken this as a personal challenge, to imagine the cube-iest house possible. There goes my evening.

VicMorrowsGhost said...

I hate moving but I like new places. I just need to rent furnished apartments and I'd be sweet.

I did a google image search for "cube house Seattle." If you house looks anything like the pictures I saw it is AWESOME! :D

Just watched Epp 1 of Job Hunters, looks terrific.

Alex Dahlberry said...

I just googled "modern cube house" to try to get an idea of what you're talking about, and let me tell you, there are a lot of cubeish houses on google images. I have no idea if that's actually what you're new house looks like or not, but seems cool!