Thanksgiving is kind of a silly holiday if you actually think about it. You have to eat the exact same foods every single year, there's the whole madness with Christmas shopping starting the next morning, and really - we should be thankful for the things we have YEAR ROUND. But there's something special and beautiful about tradition. It's because we eat the same food each year that makes it that much more delicious. It's getting caught up in ridiculous Black Friday shopping and parades put on by corporations that reminds us that we're human. It's taking a day or a weekend to slow down and spend time with the people we love that really reminds us that we have things to be thankful for.
So I love Thanksgiving, I love my family, and I love the friends I have in my life that have become my second family since I moved out of my parents' house.
Here are the things I am thankful for this year:
- Candles that smell like pumpkin and cinnamon rolls and cupcakes.
- Our web series Kickstarter doing so well and getting such great reception.
- Deciding not to move to LA so things like this web series can happen.
- Being glad every single day I decided not to move to LA.
- Knowing some of my best friends live down there but that they'll always be there for me, regardless of how often we see each other.
- NaNoWriMo being a constant driving motivator in my life.
- NaNoWriMo almost being over.
- Colin coming home for Thanksgiving and getting to spend time with him.
- Liz and I getting to live together after 4 years in different cities.
- My mom getting to travel and swapping stories with her about foreign countries.
- My brother getting an awesome job and starting his post high-school education.
- My dad and I always having the exact same taste in TV and always having a new show to talk about.
- No matter how busy our lives get, Eia always being the best best friend a girl could ask for.
- All the stuffing leftovers I'm going to get to eat this weekend.
Flights taken: 26