Saturday, January 31, 2009
It's only 10 AM and I have already:
- purchased more physical copies of the newest Parselmouth album to sell at shows.
- Emailed the department adviser to set up an appointment to declare my major.
- Looked online about the GO!Global scholarship to see if I can get free money for London. I dont think I can. Although I am going to see an adviser about that next week too.
I still need to upload a paper I wrote to our class discussion board (honestly this is the easiest one, why am I so lazy?), finish laundry that I didn't complete, uh, a week ago (^^;) and go see Kayley's shooooow tonight! I am very excited about this last one.
I am enjoying my lazy Saturday. I will probably utilize the rest of my free time and eat lots of food, watch Doctor Who, and inevitably send many emails to Alex Day.
Yay for simultaneous productivity and immense laziness!
I should also clean my room. .......I'm going to pretend I didn't say that.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
At work I just got ridiculously, unstoppably grumpy. I was angry at everyone, and no matter what a patron wanted, it felt like they specifically wanted it just because they knew it would piss me off.
I was fully aware how dramatic I was being, and was outwardly laughing at myself, but I also think I was speaking in capslock all night.
Then I came home and realized the SOURCE of my pent up anger, which is the Japanese Art History midterm I had put off studying for until tonight. I was being a trooper and working my way through it until I got an email saying that some paperwork I thought I'd completed had been done wrongly and that I have to redo it, and then I just LOST IT again.
Haha I think my whole house is wondering why I am yelling about everything.
At least I can acknowledge that I am being a brat. I DONT CARE. I'M GRUMPY.
Also, I am just frustrated with college. Today in my global youth class we were talking about whether Education has intrinsic value, or if our time and money spent at college is more valuable instrumentally.
If I could just accept that my education is an instrument, then I suppose everything would be fine. I could keep doing the University dance until I graduate in 2010. But doesn't that seem a waste?
I WANT my education to have intrinsic value. I want to be learning things because learning things is important and will help me. I don't work hard and therefore get poorer grades when I feel I am only working toward a degree and that individual grades/classes dont matter. That's DEPRESSING. Is higher education purely instrumental?
The day I can hop on a plane/boat/train/hovercraft and just go gain my own knowledge of things on this beautiful, beautiful planet will be a very happy day in my life.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
I dont know how or when it happened -- but it was like suddenly I woke up one day and was fairly decent at blockles.
Now if only this would happen with memorization of Japanese art slides.
In other news, I started going to the gym with Eia. When I used to think of "going to the gym" I would just imagine sweaty people doing all sorts of dull and repetitive things, and why would I want to walk on a treadmill for an hour and not get anywhere when I could be eating cereal on the couch and watching Gossip Girl?
Well, THEN. Then I we went and realized there are all sorts of machines with their own television screens, which is probably just about the most innovative thing I have seen in a long time. All you need is a set of headphones!
I can run on an elliptical for HOURS with Family Guy, Home Improvement, American Idol, and the Price is Right. Last night I watched "the Girl Next Door" while biking. It was wonderful.
Speaking of biking; here's ANOTHER magical thing about the gym. There are these biking machines that you can sign up on, and it not only keeps track of your overall miles (I'm at 6 or 7) but there is this GAME. You collect colored coins and then have to hunt down dragons of the corresponding color. Dragon hunting isn't exercising, it's FUN. Way to pull the wool over my eyes, IMA. You are one crafty little gym.
And now, to celebrate, I am taking the bus home from school instead of walking. xD
Once a couch potato, always a couch potato.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Kristina Horner says: Yes?
Elizabeth says: Q&A courtesy of frito lay inc.
Elizabeth says: I have daily sponsors now
Elizabeth says: anyway
Elizabeth says: weekend plans?
Elizabeth says: Do we have them?
Kristina Horner says: I work Saturday 3-8
Kristina Horner says: BUT
Elizabeth says: but?
Kristina Horner says: I could perhaps come over after work and spent the night Saturday, if you want?
Elizabeth says: that but brought to you by Aunt Jemima syrup
Kristina Horner says: I DONT LIKE ALL THIS ADVERTISING
Elizabeth says: well, all you have to do is subscribe to get liz ad free
Kristina Horner says: NEVAR!
Elizabeth says: HAHAHA
Elizabeth says: That laugh brought to you by Mug Root Beer
Elizabeth says: It's supposed to be sunny and 53 degrees in issaquah on sunday
Kristina Horner says: Yeah???
Elizabeth says: that weather report brought to you by the weatherchannel.com
Elizabeth says: and it really was brought to you by the weather channel
Elizabeth says: because I looked it up there
Like, it's not even really mixed or anything yet.
And yet I have been sitting here with headphones listening to it on repeat for an HOUR.
I was supposed to be writing an email to someone but it's just been sitting here, open, the whole time. Oops.
I cannot even begin to convey how very fucking talented Lena Weinstein is.
You guys are going to literally wet your pants when you hear this.
At the start of this year, I made a list on my little white board of things I would like to eventually buy, and for the first week of the year I looked at it despairingly because many of the things on it are expensive thingggs.
But I have now crossed off two of the most painful purchases, money-wise, which include "new computer" and "condenser mic".
That doesn't leave much hope for the other two ominous ones which are "figure out how to pay parents back for car" and "somehow make enough money for London".
I'll focus on "new shoes" and "new backpack" for now. Those are slightly easier to deal with.
Oh money. How bittersweet of a relationship I have with you.
In other news, <333. For so many people. I just feel really happy about people right now.
I also returned my new HD camera. I just -- don't need it. The money is going toward the computer. Merry Christmas to meeee.
I am happy with this decision. And it's so nice-looking.
And I have had mac-envy for a long time even though I was of the variety that feigned disinterest.
I had to be talked into it but it wasn't very hard. A few nudges toward the "confirm purchase" button from Alex Day and Rosi and Liz and also my lovely housemate Mari and - really, that was all it took. Alex basically sold it to me. Ha.
All of my mac-friends are jumping for joy right now and handing me cups of koolaid, assuring me my jumpsuit is in the mail and will be here shortly.
And my PC friends? Calling me a traitor.
They'll get over it!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Eia I are going to be in the UK this summer; different countries but close enough to potentially meet up there at least once. I will be in a foreign place, further than I have ever been away from home, and one of my best friends will be nearby.
To reiterate -- I am going to be in LONDON this summer.
This is exciting on so many levels.
I cant wait to immerse myself in another country, to live in a dorm, and let's be real here - to meet EVERYONE that I have spent the last year getting to know and becoming friends with.
I have a whole long list of people I NEED to see, and it's funny but I think I have more offers of staying at people's house than I have nights needing a place to stay.
I love the UK youtubers.
I finished recording my part for Lena's Rock Opera. I now have an even greater appreciation for Beedle the Bard. The piece is nearly 20 minutes long, and recording my part took two sittings, a few hours each. If you have no intention of buying her album, at least consider buying that track on itunes when it's up. But also change your mind about buying her album because she's brilliant.
I'm not sure what I wanted to talk about. I came here with a definite urge to write, but now that I am here, fingers hovered over keyboard I feel like I have less to say.
Sometimes when I have a ton of things circling around in my head; wishes/fears/doubts/worries/anticipation/stress/love I think sitting down and writing it out will help me figure out what to actually deal with and what to cast aside as clutter... but other times, I sit down and realize my thoughts are still too chaotic, too much in disarray, to even sort through them.
So for now, I shall ponder.
Boy do I get myself in messes.
Got two silver medals in blockles tonight. I just wasnt meant for greatness, I suppose.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
I could kind of tell from your video on Monday that you're going through some rough stuff right now. I've heard what some of it is, and I just thought you could use a little bit of love.
You're a fantastic musician, you're Miss Monday, and if that's not reason enough, you're an amazing person."
Sometimes I wonder if I deserve the amount of love I get from people who don't even really know me.
Thank you, everyone, for being so amazing.
I'm such a lucky girl.
And in other news, I'm paying my parents back for the car with school money, I'm buying the desktop computer because I WANT it, and I am doing the study abroad come hell or high water. Loans Schmoans. Money will not stop me from doing the things I want to do. <3
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Also, who doesn't love and opportunity to talk about their friends anonymously?
I'm not doing everyone, just whoever I have something to say about.
I will never tell you who is who. Sorry.
1. You're hilarious and I love talking to you. It's always entertaining.
2. I'm actually really surprised you still like me, because I am not always nice to you.
3. You have good intentions/a good heart but sometimes you just really annoy me.
4. You're am amazing human being and I consider myself lucky every day that you think so highly of me. Your brother, too.
5. In the midst of trying to figure out what to say about you, I gave up and instead just removed you from my contacts. Ha. Sorry.
6. I used to think you were so inspiring and now I'm just not sure. You're pretty, either way.
7. I love you so so so much and you're definitely one of my very best friends. I need more of you in my life.
8. When you told me I inspired you and that you thought of me in Bangladesh, you have no idea how flattering it was. Just seeing your name on my skype list makes me smile.
9. Talking to you is always an experience. I can't wait to meet you so we can have sexy times (lolol).
10. You're probably one of the most attractive people on YT and I wish I wasn't too scared to talk to you.
11. I appreciate everything you do and I am very glad you live in the area.
12. You're my one of my favorite people and I miss talking to you. I think of things I want to email you just about every other day. :)
13. I think it's hilarious that you're on my skype list. I want to message you math problems all the time.
14. We talked once and it was a good experience but for some reason we lost touch. Aw.
15. I wish you would come home from Spain or wherever the heck you are. I miss you.
16. You're amazing and I am so lucky to call you one of my best friends. Never leave my life. Ever.
17. I love making new friends randomly and you are the most recent addition to that list. You're hilarious and easy to talk to and I hope to cultivate this friendship further.
18. Sometimes I am so glad you're not in my life anymore. Then you text message me.
19. I have adored you for 8 months or so now and I continue to adore you. Thank you for being such a great friend. I think it's my turn to send you a present. Hm.
20. I think you're one of the sweetest guys in the world and I love listening to you talk because somehow you do a British accent so much better than other Brits. Ha. I cant wait to meet you.
21. I'm jealous of what you do so effortlessly.
22. I am so fortunate to have you living so close to me. I lovelovelove you and thanks for being in my life.
23. I only subscribed to you because I thought you were cute, but now I know you're also a fantastic video maker as well. Everyone wins!
24. You're complicated. Just stay in my life forever, okay?
25. I love you. I used to want to be just like you, but now I just hope we stay friends for a very very long time. I'll come visit you before you have to go back to England, I promise.
26. I miss you so much more than I should be allowed to. Sigh. I NEED to see you again.
27. I'm so glad I met you. You're hilarious and smart and I hope we continue to be friends.
28. I can't believe I thought I may have a crush on you. No.
29. I think you're amazing and I cant wait to see you/hang out with you again. I even love you when you call me and tell me 5 minutes into the conversation that you're live on blogtv. :P
30. Your presence is missed on the Internet.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
The best yet.
2. What was your favorite moment of the year?
Probably having all 5AG in one place for the first time.
3. What was your worst moment of the year?
Ugh. A collection of moments all involving boys who were so very very wrong for me.
4. Where were you when 2008 began?
Let's just say I was at a party in SoCal. That's all you need to know.
5. Who were you with?
SIGH. You're not going to let it go, are you?
Fine. I spent the very first few moments of 2008 with Max Goldberg, among many other socal friends.
6. Where will you be when 2008 ends?
I was with the 5AG watching the Lizzie McGuire movie. Yes.
7. Did you keep your new years resolution of 2008?
I did not read 50 books, no. But I did read 37 and WRITE a book. So there.
8. Do you have a new years resolution for 2009?
Focus on positives, and learn how to use my new HD camera, Premiere Pro, and FL Studio.
9. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Not really. No.
10. If yes, with who?
Hiro from Heroes.
11. Are you still in love?
When does Lost start? (I'm sad)
12. Did you breakup with anyone in 2008?
I didn't actually DATE anyone in 2008, not really.
13. Did you make any new friends in 2008?
14. Who are your favorite new friends?
Everyone. I want to thank YT Live for many of them.
15. What was your favorite month of 2008?
May because of tour with Lauren/Lena, or maybe August because of B's wedding/Terminus.
16. Why this month?
I just told you.
17. Did you travel outside of the US (or your home country) in 2008?
No, but I am changing that this year.
18. How many different places did you travel to in 2008?
SoCal, Vegas, Forks, Kansas, Iowa, All over the east coast/midwest, Potosi, Dallas, Chicago, Iowa, North Dakota, Minnesota, SoCal again, Arizona, SanFran, Vegas again, and Ohio. I love my life.
19. Did you miss anybody in the past year?
Yes. Justin, in particular.
Everyone in my life who lives in different states/countries, in general.
20. What was your favorite movie that you saw in 2008?
21. What was your favorite song from 2008?
UR SO GAY by KATY PERRY.
22. How many concerts or plays did you see in 2008?
I spend my life at wizard rock shows and I work at a theatre. Don't give me this bullshit.
23. Did you have a favorite concert in 2008?
Wrock Reggie's. :D
24. What was your favorite book in 2008?
25. How many people did you sleep with in 2008?
26. Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
The ridiculous amount of money I spent on plane tickets.
IT WAS WORTH IT.
27. What was the biggest lie you told in 2008?
"I will read 50 books this year".
28. Did you treat somebody badly in 2008?
Not intentionally, if I did.
29. Did somebody treat you badly in 2008?
Yes. I'm over it.
30. What was your proudest moment of 2008?
31. What was your most embarrassing moment of 2008?
My fall quarter midterm grades. Ick.
32. If you could go back to any moment of 2008 and change something, what would it be?
I would.. erm... I don't know. Win the lotto instead of losing the 3 times I played. Ha.
33. Where did you work in 2008?
Village Theatre. Like the last 3 years.
34. Favorite TV shows(s) of 2008?
It never changes.
Although I did start watching old seasons of Arrested Development and I love it.
35. Favorite Band(s) of 2008?
This is hard. The new bands I discovered were Metro Station, Jason Mraz, the Format,
36. Favorite Food in 2008?
37. Favorite Drink in 2008?
I was only 21 for four days in 2008. I'll answer this question next year, haha.
38. Favorite Place in 2008?
My new house in Seattle. <3
39. Favorite person(s) to be with in 2008?
At home: Eia/Brittany/Liz/Colin/Sam the brief moments we had her.
Away from home: EVERYONE.
40. Favorite person(s) to talk to in 2008?
41. Favorite trip in 2008?
Tied between Tour and Terminus.
42. Favorite stores in 2008?
SAFEWAY FOR FOODZ.
Urban Outfitters, dangerous now that it's walking distance to me. Eep.
43. Hardest thing you had to go through in 2008?
-Continually dealing with most of my friends living far away.
-Adjusting to a big scary new college that I don't like all that much.
-Gaining and then losing Sam in much too short of an amount of time.
44. Most exciting moment(s) in 2008?
Meeting Jazza, meeting Hayley, meeting John and Hank, and all of YouTube Live in general.
45. Funniest moment(s) in 2008?
Every moment spent with the 5AG. <3333
That is all.
Thursday, January 1, 2009
I am very thankful for my life. I am surprised over and over again by the scope of good luck and good fortune I find myself possessing, in the people I meet, the places I go, and the things I get to experience. I just hope my luck doesn't run out.
2007 was beyond amazing.
2008 somehow topped that.
Here's fingers crossed to a 2009 that can compete.